Our God never sleeps

I received an email this morning -

"Dear Pastor Gary,

A Happy New year! My name is H. N. I am a member of Victory Chapel Saipan. 

I have a Father who lives in Sagamihara city wish to visit church. But he is a very strong Atheist. I have been talking about Jesus to him and I am very happy that he became interesting. But I am sure his interest is still Christianity as Philosophy.

I really want him to be saved but I am so worry that he might not be accepted by your church. And I know it will take a time for him to be saved.

Pastor Gary. Is it possible for my father to visit your church?  Can he call you before he go to church for kind of consultation?
He is not very good but understand English as long as you speak slowly.

Thank you very much. I pray that my parents will be saved soon.

Respectfully Yours,
H. N."


I wrote him back -

"Dear brother H.,
 
...I would be happy to meet your father. Japan is 99.5% non-Christian, so of course I don’t mind being friends with an atheist. And since we haven’t started services yet, you don’t have to worry about him not being accepted by the church. Actually, we’re hoping to get a building this week, so please pray for us!

I look forward to meeting him. My own father just passed away 5 weeks ago, and gave his heart to Jesus in the last few months of his life. I understand how you feel, and know how much you want your father to get saved.

Our God is amazing. There is nothing impossible for Him!
 
Yours in Him,
 
Pastor G"


It probably wasn't an hour later, when I received this email, from H's father -


"Hello,
Thank you very much to sending me a e-mail.
My name is M. N. I was introduced by my son H.

Anyway I have a interesting about the religion to know how to live.
I am 73 years old. I am wondering how to live in my rest of the life.

It is so helpful for me if Christianity suggest me some idea how to live for my rest of my life.

When you are convenient and not disturb you, I can go to Kichijyouji to meet with you."


Doesn't that just melt your heart of stone...

Our God is a BIG God

Comments

Unknown said…
:') This is such an encouragement...
Whether or not they know it, people are just desperate for God
It is both humbling and amazing to be a part of the last day harvest
Melissa said…
Brings tears to my eyes! Can't wait to see all that God is going to do there in Japan!
Unknown said…
Yeah, no matter how much we get bogged down by details and paperwork, the Holy Spirit moves ahead of us, burning a path, blazing a trail...
Unknown said…
Meeting with Mr. N on Sunday. He asked me if we need any help getting the church started, bless his heart...

It's incredible - all the things have to do to get our people stirred up sometimes, and here's a 73 year old ATHEIST who wants to help! Man, oh man oh man...
Unknown said…
Praise God, Pastor Gary! I'm glad to read what God is starting to do in Japan. :)
Unknown said…
All I can say is "wow"! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Wilderness Pioneering

His plans, His ways... are HIGHER

Mr N comes to see Jesus by night